Advent Episcopal School gets its name from the Cathedral Church of the Advent. The church and school share many facilities, and the Chairman of the Board for the school is also the Dean of the church, who is currently the Very Reverend Andrew Pearson.
The parish church of the Advent was established in 1872, one year after the founding of the city of Birmingham. In 1982 the the Church of the Advent became a cathedral when the Diocese of Alabama sanctioned it as its seat. It is also one of the 10 largest Episcopal churches in the United States. In 1983 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
For more information or to see what is happening at The Cathedral Church of the Advent, click the link: